Other than events like New Year's count-down and fireworks or marathons - or horse races, major events in Hong Kong are generally held in one of a few
coliseums / stadiums.
Such events include concerts, major conferences or exhibitions. Here's a list of the venues:
- Hong Kong Coliseum - indoors, located in Hung Hom right next to the Hung Hom MTR station. Capacity: 12,500 or more.
- AsiaWorld-Expo arena - indoors, located near the airport on Lantau Island. Capacity: 13,500.
- Queen Elizabeth Stadium - indoors, located in Causeway Bay. Capacity: 3,500 seats
- Hong Kong Stadium - outdoors, located near Causeway Bay. Capacity: 40,000 seats. Mainly used for sports.
- Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Center - indoors, located in Wan Chai. Mainly used for exhibitions and trade shows.
- Hong Kong Baptist Universtiy AC Hall - indoors, located in Kowloon Tong. Capacity: 1,346 seats
- Ko Shan Theatre - indoors, located in Hung Hom. Capacity: 1,031 seats
- Hong Kong International Trade & Exhibition Center auditorium - indoors, located in Kowloon Bay. Capacity: 702 seats