When you prepare for your trip, here are some items you might
want to consider:
- earplugs - if you're taking a long flight and end up sitting
near an infant, you'll thank me for this. In fact even without
kids around, they make for a much quieter flight. If the kids
ARE yours, maybe you should get a dozen pairs to pass out to
those sitting around you!
- neck pillow - I don't fly without one nowadays because it
allows me to catch some needed shut-eye. In fact for long flights,
I make sure I take two - just in case one leaks.
- small sized toiletry - you don't even save some luggage weight
quota, airports don't allow but small bottles of shampoo and
toothpaste in carry-on.
- surgical masks - planes are notorious for catching germs since
the air conditioning is a closed system.
- parachute - if you are considering this, maybe you should
just take a cruise
ship, but then you have to take along your personal life
jacket, life raft, and satellite phone - just in case!