main building at 1881 Heritage
"1881 Heritage" is an attraction in Tsim
Sha Tsui with both shopping
and historical site rolled into one.
Originally headquarters of the Hong Kong Marine Police from
1880's to 1996, it is now a classy place for name brand stores,
restaurants, hotel and exhibition hall. Interesting elements
of the site include an air raid shelter, Ball
Tower, and an old banyan tree.
With the open
space, various interesting shapes and lighting, it is also
a nice place for photographs.
In fact it is fast becoming a hot spot for wedding photos. After
all, a marriage registry office is just across the road in the
It is located at the southern tip of Canton Road in Tsim
Sha Tsui, so an easy way to get there would be by MTR.
- Take the MTR to the Tsim Sha Tsui station.
- Take exit E from the station.
- Once above ground, walk straight (going south) till you
reach Salisbury Road.
- Turn right (on your right is The Peninsula hotel with a
water fountain in front).
- Keeping going till you almost reach Canton Road. It is on
your right at the corner of Canton Road and Salisbury Road.